Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Will I Fly like an Eagle or Sink Down with the Fish?

Hi friends it has been a while. During the last few weeks I think I was swimming with the sharks. Let me explain....

I was recently reading the book, Heaven, by Joni Eareckson Tada and she had a chapter about how we can live to our fullest while waiting for heaven. She suggest that we should look to Isaiah 40:31, "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

At first I thought, "I have heard that so many times, okay." But I think this time my heart (the Holy Spirit) was taken in by a new idea that the verse has to say. This time I heard- If I give God my trust, my faith, my hope then no matter what comes I can fly above it like the eagles, because God is my hope and He will give me strength to carry on.


Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I have to believe that God has a bigger plan for me, my husband and my kids for giving us Zachary in our lives.  If I don't I am no longer flying above it looking down, but now I am in it- swimming frantically to stay alive.

Recently my husband and I had trouble sleeping so we decided to watch an ocean show. We followed beautiful schools of fish around swimming so peacefully- until a shark gang came and devoured each one of them until there was only blood and scales left to be seen. As I was thinking of this concept the verse from 1 Peter 5:8 came to me, "Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour."

Dear friend I have to fight to stay out of the waters each day- and make a decision to trust God, to believe He has plans for us, and a plan for my Zachary. If I don't, I end up living a life of defeat, bitterness, and rebellion from God. Believe me the pain of watching our son not being able to learn or communicate would be so much worse if I didn't have God to keep me flying above it.

May you find your wings this week my friends. And may I remember each day to stay out of the shark infested waters!

1 comment: