Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls on My Mind


You may wonder what do cinnamon rolls have to do with faith. Well as I was making some cinnamon rolls I was thinking about eating them, and about my favorite part which is the sweet cinnamon and sugar swirled layers in the roll. Well when you frost the roll and put pecans on it you can’t see the sweet centers, but you believe they are there. You really hope that that part wasn’t forgotten. So that made me think of Hebrews 11:1 which says, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” So how come it is so easy for me to believe my sweet cinnamon swirl will be in the roll, but so hard for me to believe God and trust Him and that He really has everything under control. 

I think the biggest thing I have learned as a parent, and especially as a parent of a child with severe autism that I AM NOT in control. I have no control. Many days I cry out to God that I have no idea of what I am doing, none at all. But I think that is where He wants me, He wants me resting and hoping and believing in Him. Here is a great verse that reminds me to rest in Him, Psalm 91:1-2 “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” But I need to rest in His shadow and stop trying to fight Him.

I believe that God has a purpose in each struggle, each heartache mostly because He tells me so. Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” So I will keep walking this path of faith, and hold on to the One who is in control. Until next time my friends, keep looking up.

 By the way this is my favorite recipe ever!  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clone-of-a-Cinnabon/Detail.aspx

1 comment: